How do I use DTC resources in Google Slides
This article will walk you through the process of using your Dollar Teachers Club's digital resources in Google Slides.
Copy the digital resource to your Google Drive
- Sign-in to your Google Account at https://accounts.google.com/login
- In DTC, click on the digital resource you would like to add to your Google Drive
- Click the blue "Make a copy" button. The file will be saved to your Google Drive.
Adding Slides to Google Classroom
- Once signed into your Google Classroom, click on the Classwork tab at the top of the screen.
- Click the blue "+ Create" button and choose "Assignment".
- Give the assignment a Title and add any instructions for your students.
- Beneath the instructions box, click the "Add" button to add the digital resource. Find the file you are adding in your Google Drive, then click the "INSERT" button in the bottom right of the pop-up.
- When the file is inserted, you will see it beneath the "Add" button. Change the settings for the file from "Students can view file" to "Make a copy for each student".
- You can change other assignment settings in the right sidebar, then send the assignment by clicking "Assign" in the top right.
- Once sent, you can see the assignment and who has completed it in the Classwork tab.
Adding Slides WITHOUT Google Classroom
- Choose the file you would like to add from your Google Drive.
- At the top of the screen, select "File", "Make a Copy", "Entire presentation"
- You will need a copy for each student, so type in a student's name in the "Name" field and select "OK" at the bottom
- To send to your parents, with the file open, select "Share" at the top right of the screen.
- In the "Get link" section, select "Change" and select Editor in the drop-down menu so that anyone with this link can edit.
- Click "Copy link"
- In the email to the parent, paste the link in the email for access to the file. Note that this process will need to be repeated (copying slides, renaming, updating sharing settings to Editor, copying link, emailing link) for each student as each link is unique for that student. Dollar Teachers Club recommends using Google Classroom for these types of assignments for multiple students as it will automatically make a copy for each student.
- The Dollar Teachers Club Terms of Service restricts use of DTC resources to ONE classroom. Do not share your links on a public website.
Instructions to send to parents
The following instructions PDFs can be sent to parents to explain how students use Google Slides for their assignment.